Top Chief Financial Officers
#1 CFO - Mark Loughridge, Formerly of IBM
After retiring at the end of 2013, Mr. Laughridge stands as IBM’s longest-tenured CFO after nearly 10 years in the role. He began his career at IBM in 1977 as a development engineer and held various types of leadership roles in the company during his 36-year tenure. As CFO, Loughridge played an essential role in transitioning IBM from hardware to services and software. Perhaps the most illustrative fact of his career is that since he became CFO in 2004, IBM’s stock is up 114% and earnings have doubled. He holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Stanford University and completed studies at Ecole Nationale Superieure de Mecanique in Nantes, France.
ExecRank produces c-suite executive rankings based on statistical and algorithmic analysis of executive performance across 24 key areas.
Our proprietary methods for evaluating and ranking executives play a key role in the operation of ExecRank’s global marketplace that connects companies with advisors across 124 industries and 50+ professions. We use our data sets and understanding of executive talent from the rankings to guide our matchmaking process between companies and advisors, ensuring that companies find the advisor best suited for their current challenges and opportunities.
A sample of the 24 categories that we measure:
- Experience in the role
- Business results during tenure
- Board Member Appointments
- Significant professional achievements
- Published thought leadership (books, speeches, articles, media mentions)
- Technology adoption
- Industry/professional reputation
- Peer recommendations and nominations
#2 Karen Hoguet, Macy's
Karen Hoguet was elected chief financial officer of Macy’s, Inc., in February 2009 after having previously worked in several leadership roles at the company. She is responsible for all of the company’s financial functions, as well as area research.
#3 Donald Blair, Nike
Donald Blair has been the CFO of Nike for more than 10 years, shaping the company’s system of continuous growth. He is responsible for the company’s finance, investor relations and strategic planning functions.
#4 Joseph Euteneuer, Sprint Nextel
Joseph Euteneuer was appointed Sprint’s chief financial officer in 2011. He manages the company’s day-to-day financial operations and long-term financial strategy and planning.
#5 Thomas Szkutak, Amazon.com
Thomas Szkutak has been Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Amazon.com since joining in 2002 after twenty years with General Electric.
Top CFOs of 2014
I very much appreciate ExecRank’s recognition of our work at Thomson Reuters to strengthen the underpinnings of our marketing activities with data-driven intelligence. I am privileged to work with an exceptional executive team and a marketing organization focused on driving our business to continued success across the globe.Tobias Lee, CMO, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting
I am grateful for the recognition by ExecRank but realize that it is actually an acknowledgement of the stellar work done by the finance staff at AutoNation, the tremendous leadership provided by Mike Jackson, and the dedication of the thousands of AutoNation associates who deliver world-class customer experiences everyday at our stores.Michael Short, CFO, AutoNation
2. Karen Hoguet, Macy’s
3. Donald Blair, Nike
4. Joseph Euteneuer, Sprint Nextel
5. Thomas Szkutak, Amazon.com
6. Patrick Pichette, Google
7. Frank D’Amelio, Pfizer
8. Stacy Smith, Intel
9. Arthur Minson, Time Warner Cable
10. Richard Galanti, Costco Wholesale
11. John Hartung, Chipotle
12. David Wajsgras, Raytheon
13. Gary Fayard, Coca-Cola
14. Paul Clancy, Biogen Idec
15. Robert Lloyd, GameStop
16. Byron Pollitt, Visa
17. David Goulden, EMC Corporation
18. John Martin, Turner Broadcasting System
19. David Meline, 3M
20. Alan Graf, Jr., FedEx
21. David Wyshner, Avis Budget Group
22. Jeffery Howells, Tech Data Corporation
23. Daniel Comas, Danaher
24. Safra Catz, Oracle
25. David Anderson, Honeywell International Inc
26. Ruth Porat, Morgan Stanley
27. Catherine Lesjak, Hewlett-Packard
28. Patrick Doyle, DirecTV
29. Christopher Swift, Hartford Financial Services Group
30. Robert Manly, Smithfield Foods Inc.
31. John Stephens, AT&T
32. F. Clay Creasey, Jr., Toys “R” Us
33. Jeffrey Edwards, Allergan
34. James Sawyer, Praxair , Inc.
35. Dan Florness, Fastenal
36. Peter Kellogg, Merck
37. Carl Berquist, Marriott International
38. Neil Williams, Intuit
39. Frank Mergenthaler, Interpublic Group
40. James Lusk, ABM Industries Inc.
41. Robert Swan, eBay
42. Patricia Yarrington, Chevron
43. Joseph Householder, Sempra Energy
44. Peter Oppenheimer, Apple
45. William Giles, AutoZone Inc.
46. Steven Shebik, Allstate
47. Robert Knight, Jr., Union Pacific
48. Caroline Dorsa, Public Service Enterprise Group
49. Michael Angelakis, Comcast
50. Judy Brown, Perrigo Company
51. Kurt Kuehn, United Parcel Service
52. Bruce Tanner, Lockheed Martin
53. Janet Clark, Marthon Oil
54. Patricia Bedient, Weyerhaeuser
55. Frederick Sutherland, Aramark
56. Virginia Wilson, TIAA-CREF
57. Samuel Strickland, Booz Allen Hamilton Holding
58. Peter Klein, Microsoft
59. Kevin March, Texas Instruments Incorporated
60. Thomas Webb, CMS Energy
61. Theodore Crandall, Rockwell Automation
62. Michael Short, AutoNation
63. Robert Edwards, Safeway
64. Frank Calderoni, Cisco Systems
65. Robert Schriesheim, Sears Holdings
66. James Rasulo, Walt Disney
67. R. Bruce McDonald, Johnson Controls
68. Joseph Martinetto, Charles Schwab
69. Paul Jacobson, Delta Air Lines
70. Jonathan Thayer, Exelon
71. Joseph Ianniello, CBS
72. Thomas Freyman, Abbott Laboratories
73. Steven Blank, NuStar Energy
74. Wade Miquelon, Walgreen
75. R. Chris Kreidler, Sysco
76. Paul Reilly, Arrow Electronics
77. Peter Wilver, Thermo Fisher Scientific
78. John Gerspach, Citigroup
79. Hugh Johnston, PepsiCo
80. Frank Dellaquila, Emerson Electric
81. Kevin Farr, Mattel
82. Warren Jenson, Acxiom Corporation
83. Leo Denault, Entergy Corporation
84. Robert Eulau, Sanmina-SCI
85. Jeffrey Craig, Meritor
86. Linda Huber, Moody’s Corporation
87. Frank Connor, Textron
88. Joe Cooper, Big Lots
89. Christopher Holland, C.R. Bard, Inc.
90. Larry Venturelli, Whirlpool
91. Richard Fearon, Eaton
92. W. Randall Fowler, Enterprise Products Partners
93. James Mackey, Ally Financial
94. Ellis Cousens, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
95. Donald Templin, Marathon Petroleum
96. Judy Bruner, SanDisk
97. Mark Thresher, Nationwide
98. Darren Wells, Goodyear Tire & Rubber
99. Richard Veldran, Dun & Bradstreet Corporation
100. Mark Buthman, Kimberly-Clark
101. Robert Hoglund, Consolidated Edison
102. Paul Farr, PPL
103. Joseph Capezza, Health Net
104. John Callahan, Jr., McGraw-Hill
105. Phillip Roe, Vanguard Health Systems
106. Paul Herendeen, Warner Chilcott
107. Jeffrey Henderson, Cardinal Health
108. Andrew Cecere, U.S. Bancorp
109. Lawrence Cash, Community Health Systems
110. Scott Scheirman, Western Union
111. Thomas Donahue, Federated Investors, Inc.
112. Biggs Porter, Fluor Corporation
113. Timothy Sloan, Wells Fargo
114. Michael Van Handel, Manpower
115. Kathy Willard, Live Nation Entertainment
116. Robert Shanks, Ford Motor
117. R. Milton Johnson, HCA Holdings
118. Brian Tierney, American Electric Power
119. Paul Huck, Air Products & Chemicals
120. Thomas Tran, WellCare Health Plans
121. Mark Pompa, Emcor Group
122. David Herzog, American International Group
123. Dominic Caruso, Johnson & Johnson
124. Brian Gladden, Dell
125. Scott Goldenberg, The TJX Companies , Inc.
126. Patrick Grismer, Yum Brands
127. Stuart Burgdoerfer, Limited Brands
128. Charles Bancroft, Bristol-Myers Squibb
129. Brian Domeck, Progressive
130. Michael Monahan, Pitney Bowes
131. Lauralee Martin, Jones Lang LaSalle Inc.
132. Ira Birns, World Fuel Services
133. Isabella Goren, AMR
134. Mark Clark, FirstEnergy
135. Jonathan Peacock, Amgen
136. Kathy Willard, Live Nation Inc
137. Mark Okerstrom, Expedia, Inc.
138. Brian McKeon, Iron Mountain Incorporated
139. W. James Scilacci, Edison International
140. Karen McLoughlin, Cognizant Technology Solutions
141. John Rainey, United Continental Holdings
142. Wesley McDonald, Kohl’s
143. David Simon, Computer Services
144. Randall Weisenburger, Omnicom Group
145. Peter Milligan, Exelis
146. Ellen Wolf, American Water Works Company, Inc.
147. Charles Holley, Jr., Wal-Mart Stores
148. Bruce Thompson, Bank of America Corp.
149. Patrick Ward, Cummins
150. David Navikas, PPG Industries
151. Robert Shearer, VF
152. David Sagehorn, Oshkosh
153. William Scheffel, Centene
154. Lawrence Reinhold, Systemax Inc.
155. Daniel Ammann, General Motors
156. J. Michael Schlotman, Kroger
157. Jon Moeller, Procter & Gamble
158. Deepak Ahuja, Tesla Motors
159. Mark McCollum, Halliburton
160. Derek Kerr, US Airways Group
161. Scott Ullem, Bemis
162. Francis Shammo, Verizon Communications
163. Stuart Parker, United Services Automobile Assn.
164. Michael Koppel, Nordstrom
165. Bradford Richmond, Darden Restaurants
166. Timothy Pearson, Catalyst Health Solutions
167. Robyn Denholm, Juniper Networks, Inc.
168. Frank Perier, Jr, Forest Laboratories, Inc.
169. David Brearton, Kraft Foods
170. Tom Reedy, CarMax
171. Jeffrey Capello, Boston Scientific
172. John Stauch, Pentair, Inc.
173. Mark Powers, JetBlue Airways
174. William Plummer, United Rentals, Inc.
175. Ted Bloom, International Data Group (IDG)
176. Howard Willard III, Altria Group
177. Ann Ziegler, CDW
178. Didier Hirsch, Agilent Technologies
179. Kenneth Meyers, Telephone & Data Systems
180. Craig Ramsey, AMC Entertainment Inc.
181. Gregory Smith, Boeing
182. Troy Alstead, Starbucks
183. Donal Mulligan, General Mills
184. Thomas Adams, Reynolds American
185. Matthew Farrell, Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
186. Frank Vitrano, Rite Aid
187. Robert Martinovich, Oneok
188. Brian Kocher, Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
189. Brian Carney, BI-LO Holding, LLC
190. Eduardo Cordeiro, Cabot Corporation
191. Stewart Ewing, Century Link Inc
192. John Gehring, ConAgra Foods
193. Vasant Prabhu, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
194. Russell Gordon, RPM International Inc.
195. David Wichmann, UnitedHealth Group
196. Sabrina Simmons, Gap
197. David Meador, DTE Energy
198. James Flaws, Corning
199. Gregg Seibert, Cablevision Systems
200. James Beer, Symantec
201. Eric Steigerwalt, MetLife
202. G. Scott Spendlove, Tesoro
203. Ralph Nicoletti, Cigna
204. James Fish, Jr., Waste Management
205. Ronald Dissinger, Kellogg
206. Daryl Bible, BB&T Corp.
207. Aleem Gillani, SunTrust Banks
208. Theodore Dosch, Anixter International
209. Frank Boykin, Mohawk Industries
210. John Olin, Harley-Davidson
211. Stephen Sterrett, Simon Property Group
212. Anthony Hull, Realogy Corporation
213. Edward Rapp, Caterpillar
214. Forbes Alexander, Jabil Circuit
215. Peter Keegan, Loews
216. Mark Sopp, SAIC
217. Glenda Flanagan, Whole Foods Market
218. Kirkland Andrews, NRG Energy
219. Sean Hennessy, Sherwin-Williams
220. Michael Ciskowski, Valero Energy
221. Gregory Hayes, United Technologies
222. Peter Ragauss, Baker Hughes
223. J. Kimo Esplin, Huntsman
224. Raymond Winborne, Jr., First Data
225. Kevin Wampler, Dollar Tree
226. Stephen Hare, The Wendy’s Corporation
227. Mark Garrett, Adobe Systems Incorporated
228. Ray Young, Archer Daniels Midland
229. Christine Komola, Staples
230. Daniel Knutson, Land O’ Lakes
231. Moray Dewhurst, NextEra Energy
232. Scott Parker, CIT Group
233. Patrick Allen, Rockwell Collins
234. Gordon Stetz, McCormick & Company, Incorporated
235. Efrain Rivera, Paychex, Inc.
236. John Mulligan, Target
237. Carol Roberts, International Paper
238. Curtis Espeland, Eastman Chemical
239. Nicholas Noviello, NetApp
240. Peter Hamilton, Brunswick Corporation
241. John Hafferty, Pacer International, Inc.
242. Mike Newman, Office Depot
243. Gary Whitlock, CenterPoint Energy
244. Stephen Forsyth, Chemtura Corporation
245. Joseph NeCastro, Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc.
246. David Denton, CVS Caremark
247. Derica Rice, Eli Lilly
248. Kent Harvey, PG&E Corp.
249. Theresa Wagler, Steel Dynamics
250. Mary Winston, Family Dollar Store