ExecRank Top Mega and Large Cap CEOs
# 1 CEO - Tim Cook, Apple
Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple and serves on its Board of Directors. Before being named CEO in August 2011, Tim was Apple's Chief Operating Officer and was responsible for all of the company’s worldwide sales and operations, including end-to-end management of Apple’s supply chain, sales activities, and service and support in all markets and countries. He also headed Apple’s Macintosh division and played a key role in the continued development of strategic reseller and supplier relationships, ensuring flexibility in response to an increasingly demanding marketplace.
Prior to joining Apple, Tim was vice president of Corporate Materials for Compaq and was responsible for procuring and managing all of Compaq’s product inventory. Previous to his work at Compaq, Tim was the chief operating officer of the Reseller Division at Intelligent Electronics. Tim also spent 12 years with IBM, most recently as director of North American Fulfillment where he led manufacturing and distribution functions for IBM’s Personal Computer Company in North and Latin America. Tim earned an M.B.A. from Duke University, where he was a Fuqua Scholar, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University.
About The Rankings
ExecRank produces c-suite executive rankings based on statistical and algorithmic analysis of executive performance across 24 key areas.
Our proprietary methods for evaluating and ranking executives play a key role in the operation of ExecRank’s global marketplace that connects companies with advisors across 124 industries and 50+ professions. We use our data sets and understanding of executive talent from the rankings to guide our matchmaking process between companies and advisors, ensuring that companies find the advisor best suited for their current challenges and opportunities.
A sample of the 24 categories that we measure:
- Experience in the executive role
- Business results during tenure
- Position as Founder or Chairman of company
- Board member appointments
- Company earnings per share growth this year
- Industry/professional reputation
#2 Larry Page, Alphabet Inc.Larry Page, the Chief Executive Officer of Alphabet and one of Google’s founders, has served as a member of Alphabet’s board of directors since October 2015. He has served as a member of Google’s board of directors since its inception in September 1998, and as Google’s Chief Executive Officer from April 2011 to October 2015. Larry holds a Master of Science degree in computer science from Stanford University and a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, with a concentration in computer engineering, from the University of Michigan.
#3 Satya Nadella, MicrosoftSatya Nadella is Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft. Before being named CEO on February 4, 2014, Nadella held leadership roles in both enterprise and consumer businesses across the company. After joining Microsoft in 1992, Nadella quickly became known within the company as a leader who could span a breadth of technologies and businesses to transform some of Microsoft’s biggest product offerings. He holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Mangalore University, a master’s degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.
#4 Doug McMillon, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.Doug McMillon is the president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart). As CEO, Doug leads a strong management team that is working to deliver Walmart’s mission of “saving people money so they can live better.” Doug serves on the boards of directors for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., the Consumer Goods Forum, the U.S.-China Business Council, Enactus and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Originally from Jonesboro, Ark., Doug graduated from the University of Arkansas with a bachelor of science in business administration. He earned his MBA in finance from the University of Tulsa.
#5 Stephen Schwarzman, The Blackstone GroupStephen A. Schwarzman is Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder of Blackstone. Mr. Schwarzman has been involved in all phases of the firm’s development since its founding in 1985. Mr. Schwarzman is an active philanthropist with a history of supporting education and schools. Whether in business or in philanthropy, he has always attempted to tackle big problems and find transformative solutions. Mr. Schwarzman holds a B.A. from Yale University and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School. He has served as an adjunct professor at the Yale School of Management and on the Harvard Business School Board of Dean’s Advisors.
Top CEOs of 2015
I very much appreciate ExecRank’s recognition of our work at Thomson Reuters to strengthen the underpinnings of our marketing activities with data-driven intelligence. I am privileged to work with an exceptional executive team and a marketing organization focused on driving our business to continued success across the globe.
Tobias Lee, CMO, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting
1. Tim Cook, Apple
2. Larry Page, Alphabet Inc.
3. Satya Nadella, Microsoft Corporation
4. Doug McMillon, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
5. Stephen Schwarzman, The Blackstone Group L.P.
6. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
7. Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson
8. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Inc.
9. Kenneth Chenault, American Express Company
10. Jeffrey Immelt, General Electric Company
11. John Stumpf, Wells Fargo & Company
12. James Dimon, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
13. Robert Iger, The Walt Disney Company
14. Randall Stephenson, AT&T, Inc.
15. Ian Read, Pfizer Inc.
16. Lowell McAdam, Verizon Communications Inc.
17. Brian Krzanich, Intel Corporation
18. Muhtar Kent, The Coca-Cola Company
19. Ginni Rometty, International Business Machines Corporation
20. Indra Nooyi, Pepsico, Inc.
21. John Martin, Gilead Sciences Inc.
22. Craig Menear, The Home Depot, Inc.
23. Brian Roberts, Comcast Corporation
24. Charles Robbins, Cisco Systems, Inc.
25. Alan Lafley, The Procter & Gamble Company
26. Michael Corbat, Citigroup Inc.
27. Stefano Pessina, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
28. Charles Scharf, Visa Inc.
29. Laurence Fink, BlackRock, Inc.
30. Ken Frazier, Merck & Co. Inc.
31. Mark Hurd, Oracle Corporation
32. Brian Moynihan, Bank of America Corporation
33. John Watson, Chevron Corporation
34. Lance Fritz, Union Pacific Corporation
35. William Thomas, EOG Resources, Inc.
36. Howard Schultz, Starbucks Corporation
37. Leonard Schleifer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc
38. Robert Bradway, Amgen Inc.
39. Steven Mollenkopf, QUALCOMM Incorporated
40. Larry Merlo, CVS Health Corporation
41. Steve Easterbrook, McDonald's Corp.
42. Lloyd Blankfein, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
43. André Calantzopoulos, Philip Morris International, Inc.
44. Giovanni Caforio, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
45. Frederick Smith, FedEx Corporation
46. Mark Parker, NIKE, Inc.
47. Martin Barrington, Altria Group Inc.
48. Rex Tillerson, Exxon Mobil Corporation
49. Stephen Hemsley, UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
50. Dennis Muilenburg, The Boeing Company
51. Brian Cornell, Target Corp.
52. Irene Rosenfeld, Mondelez International, Inc
53. Paal Kibsgaard, Schlumberger Limited
54. Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive Corporation
55. Omar Ishrak, Medtronic plc
56. R. Milton Johnson, HCA Holdings, Inc.
57. Robert Hugin, Celgene Corporation
58. Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed Martin Corporation
59. Ajaypal Banga, MasterCard Incorporated
60. Bernardo Hees, The Kraft Heinz Company
61. Nicholas Akins, American Electric Power Co., Inc.
62. Richard Gonzalez, AbbVie Inc.
63. Inge Thulin, 3M Company
64. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo! Inc.
65. James Gorman, Morgan Stanley
66. David Abney, United Parcel Service, Inc.
67. Rodney McMullen, The Kroger Co.
68. David Cote, Honeywell International Inc.
69. Craig Jelinek, Costco Wholesale Corporation
70. Marc Benioff, SalesForce
71. Steven Kandarian, MetLife, Inc.
72. Carol Meyrowitz, The TJX Companies, Inc.
73. Susan Cameron, Reynolds American Inc.
74. Jeffrey Bewkes, Time Warner Inc.
75. Jeffrey Lorberbaum, Mohawk Industries Inc.
76. Richard Fairbank, Capital One Financial Corporation
77. John Lechleiter, Eli Lilly and Company
78. Mary Barra, General Motors Company
79. David Simon, Simon Property Group Inc.
80. Seifi Ghasemi, Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
81. Andrew Wilson, Electronic Arts Inc.
82. Leslie Moonves, CBS Corporation
83. Vincent Forlenza, Becton, Dickinson and Company
84. Steve Ells, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
85. Thomas Joyce, Danaher Corp.
86. Christopher Swift, The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
87. Mark Fields, Ford Motor Co.
88. Heather Bresch, Mylan N.V.
89. Robert Marcus, Time Warner Cable Inc.
90. Alex Molinaroli, Johnson Controls Inc.
91. Reed Hastings, Netflix, Inc.
92. Thomas Kennedy, Raytheon Company
93. Ian Cook, Colgate-Palmolive Co.
94. Robert Niblock, Lowe's Companies Inc.
95. Charlie Ergen, Dish Network Corp.
96. Andrew Liveris, The Dow Chemical Company
97. Jeffrey Leiden, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
98. Richard Davis, U.S. Bancorp
99. Martin Mucci, Paychex, Inc.
100. Phebe Novakovic, General Dynamics Corporation
101. Richard Templeton, Texas Instruments Inc.
102. Alan Miller, Universal Health Services Inc.
103. Peter Nordstrom (Blake Nordstrom, Erik Nordstrom), Nordstrom, Inc.
104. Joseph Tucci, EMC Corporation
105. Todd Vasos, Dollar General Corporation
106. Art Peck, The Gap, Inc.
107. David Hallal, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
108. Peter Hancock, American International Group, Inc.
109. Marc Casper, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
110. William Demchak, The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
111. William Rogers, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
112. Darren Huston, The Priceline Group Inc.
113. Oscar Gonzalez Rocha, Southern Copper Corp.
114. Ryan Lance, ConocoPhillips
115. Jay Fishman, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
116. Hervé Hoppenot, Incyte Corporation
117. John Hammergren, McKesson Corporation
118. Anthony Earley, PG&E Corporation
119. Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard Company
120. Gary Heminger, Marathon Petroleum Corporation
121. Arnold Donald, Carnival Corporation
122. David Lesar, Halliburton Company
123. Kent Thiry, DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc.
124. George Paz, Express Scripts Holding Company
125. Pat Gelsinger, VMware, Inc.
126. Thomas Fanning, Southern Company
127. Gregg Lowe, Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd.
128. Thomas Wilson, The Allstate Corporation
129. Mark Bertolini, Aetna Inc.
130. Wes Bush, Northrop Grumman Corporation
131. Gary Kelly, Southwest Airlines Co.
132. Gerald Hassell, The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
133. Steven Roth, Vornado Realty Trust
134. Daniel Glaser, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
135. George Scangos, Biogen Inc.
136. Kevin Lobo, Stryker Corporation
137. Brenton Saunders, Allergan plc
138. Glen Post, CenturyLink, Inc.
139. Walter Bettinger, The Charles Schwab Corporation
140. Miles White, Abbott Laboratories
141. Rodney Sacks, Monster Beverage Corporation
142. David Cordani, Cigna Corp.
143. Greg Garland, Phillips 66
144. Martin Craighead, Baker Hughes Incorporated
145. John Legere, T-Mobile US, Inc.
146. Dan Schulman, PayPal Holdings, Inc.
147. Rupert Murdoch, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.
148. R. Walker, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
149. J. Thomas Hill, Vulcan Materials Company
150. Mark Sutton, International Paper Company
151. Joseph Hooley, State Street Corporation
152. Scott Sheffield, Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
153. Stephen Angel, Praxair, Inc.
154. Francisco D'Souza, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
155. Gregory Johnson, Franklin Resources, Inc.
156. Juan Luciano, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
157. James Robo, NextEra Energy, Inc.
158. Scott Santi, Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
159. Jack Dorsey, Twitter, Inc.
160. Margaret Keane, Synchrony Financial
161. James Squires, Norfolk Southern Corporation
162. Ellen Kullman, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
163. Douglas Oberhelman, Caterpillar, Inc.
164. Klaus Kleinfeld, Alcoa, Inc.
165. Neal Patterson, Cerner Corporation
166. Ludwig Hantson, Baxalta Incorporated
167. Gregory Hayes, United Technologies Corporation
168. Joe Gorder, Valero Energy Corporation
169. Terry Lundgren, Macy's, Inc.
170. John McAvoy, Consolidated Edison, Inc.
171. Mark Donegan, Precision Castparts Corp.
172. James Kennedy, T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.
173. Leslie Wexner, L Brands, Inc.
174. Carlos Rodriguez, Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
175. Greg Creed, Yum! Brands, Inc.
176. Greg Henslee, O'Reilly Automotive Inc.
177. Steven Kean, Kinder Morgan, Inc.
178. Richard Norwitt, Amphenol Corporation
179. Lynn Good, Duke Energy Corporation
180. John Wren, Omnicom Group Inc.
181. James Smith, Thomson Reuters Corporation
182. Samuel Allen, Deere & Company
183. Michael McGarry, PPG Industries, Inc.
184. Shantanu Narayen, Adobe Systems Incorporated
185. Richard Anderson, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
186. Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Inc.
187. Jay Flatley, Illumina Inc.
188. William Rhodes, AutoZone, Inc.
189. David Farr, Emerson Electric Co.
190. Thomas Falk, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
191. Jeffrey Sprecher, Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
192. Richard Fain, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
193. Scott McGregor, Broadcom Corp.
194. Kendall Powell, General Mills, Inc.
195. John Finnegan, The Chubb Corporation
196. Sheldon Adelson, Las Vegas Sands Corp.
197. James Taiclet, American Tower Corporation
198. James Cracchiolo, Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
199. John Bryant, Kellogg Company
200. Oscar Munoz, United Continental Holdings, Inc.
201. Daniel Starks, St. Jude Medical Inc.
202. Bruce Broussard, Humana Inc.
203. Kevin Plank, Under Armour, Inc.
204. Elon Musk, Tesla Motors, Inc
205. George Barrett, Cardinal Health, Inc.
206. Michael Mahoney, Boston Scientific Corporation
207. Ronald Havner, Public Storage
208. John Strangfeld, Prudential Financial, Inc.
209. Joseph Swedish, Anthem, Inc.
210. Hubert Joly, Best Buy Co., Inc.
211. Mark McLaughlin, Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
212. Thomas Williams, Parker-Hannifin Corporation
213. Vincent Roche, Analog Devices, Inc.
214. Timothy Naughton, Avalonbay Communities Inc.
215. Hugh Grant, Monsanto Company
216. Juan Alaix, Zoetis Inc.
217. Adam Aron, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.
218. Christopher Nassetta, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.
219. Kelcy Warren, Energy Transfer Equity, L.P.
220. Christopher Connor, The Sherwin-Williams Company
221. Doug Parker, American Airlines Group Inc.
222. John Ferriola, Nucor Corporation
223. David Steiner, Waste Management, Inc.
224. Stephen Milligan, Western Digital Corporation
225. Brad Smith, Intuit Inc.
226. Marcelo Claure, Sprint Corporation
227. Thomas Derosa, Health Care REIT, Inc.
228. Michael Mears, Magellan Midstream Partners LP
229. Wendell Weeks, Corning Inc.
230. Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard, Inc.
231. Brian Jellison, Roper Technologies, Inc.
232. Daniel Amos, Aflac Incorporated
233. Barbara Rentler, Ross Stores Inc.
234. Rakesh Sachdev, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
235. Rich Noll, Hanesbrands Inc.
236. Tom Linebarger, Cummins Inc.
237. Michael Creel, Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
238. Douglas Baker, Ecolab Inc.
239. Larry Young, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
240. Paul Varga, Brown-Forman Corporation
241. Douglas Peterson, McGraw Hill Financial, Inc.
242. Ronald Armstrong, PACCAR Inc
243. Sandeep Mathrani, General Growth Properties, Inc
244. Alan Armstrong, Williams Companies, Inc.
245. Kelly King, BB&T Corporation
246. David Neithercut, Equity Residential
247. Jean-Jacques Bienaime, BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
248. Jeffery Yabuki, Fiserv, Inc.
249. Ursala Burns, Xerox Corporation
250. Gary Dickerson, Applied Materials, Inc.
Chris Lindner, CMO and SVP Business Development, Sperry Top-Sider