ExecRank Top Chief Financial Officers
#1. Ruth Porat
Ms. Ruth M. Porat has been Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Alphabet Inc., since October 2, 2015. Ms. Porat has been the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at Google Inc. since May 26, 2015. She is the Lead Banker on numerous milestone technology financing rounds, including for Amazon, eBay, Netscape, Priceline and Verisign as well as for The Blackstone Group, GE and the NYSE. She serves as Member of Board of Trustees at Stanford University. She is a Member of the U.S. Treasury's Borrowing Advisory Committee, a Board Director at The Council on Foreign Relations and a Member of the Advisory Council of the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at the Brookings Institution. Ms. Porat received an M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an M.Sc., Economics from the London School of Economics and a B.A. from the Stanford University.
ExecRank produces c-suite executive rankings based on statistical and algorithmic analysis of executive performance across 24 key areas. Our proprietary methods for evaluating and ranking executives play a key role in the operation of ExecRank’s global marketplace that connects companies with advisors across 124 industries and 50+ professions. We use our data sets and understanding of executive talent from the rankings to guide our matchmaking process between companies and advisors, ensuring that companies find the advisor best suited for their current challenges and opportunities.
A sample of the 24 categories that we measure include:
- Experience in the executive role
- Business results during tenure
- Board member appointments
- Company earnings per share growth this year
- Industry/professional reputation
#2. J. Braxton Carter, T-Mobile US, Inc.J. Braxton Carter serves as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and is responsible for leading the financial functions of T-Mobile. Mr. Carter served as MetroPCS’s Chief Financial Officer from March 2005 and Vice Chairman from May 2011 until the consummation of the Business Combination.
#3. Joseph Reitmeier, Lennox International, Inc.Joseph W. Reitmeier was appointed Executive Vice President & CFO in July 2012. Mr. Reitmeier had served as Vice President of Finance for the LII Commercial business segment since 2007 and as Director of Internal Audit from 2005 to 2007. Joseph has held financial leadership roles at Cummins Inc.
#4. Paul Carbone, Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc.Paul Carbone was named CFO for Dunkin’ Brands in June 2012. In this role, Paul is responsible for the Company’s finance, investor relations, strategy, loss prevention, and information technology functions. Paul joined Dunkin’ Brands in August 2008 as Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis.
#5. Brian McKeon, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.Brian McKeon has been Executive Vice President, CFO and Treasurer of the Company since January 2014. He leads the Company’s finance, business development and information technology functions. Mr. McKeon holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of Connecticut and an M.B.A. from Harvard.
#6. Dennis Hickey, Colgate-Palmolive Co.Dennis Hickey became CFO in January 2011, having most recently been Colgate’s Vice President and Corporate Controller since 1998. Since joining Colgate in 1977, Mr. Hickey has held key financial positions for the Company’s European and North American business units.
#7. Dave Wehner, Facebook, Inc.Dave Wehner is CFO of Facebook, where he leads the finance, facilities and information technology teams. Prior to becoming CFO in June 2014, Dave served as Facebook’s Vice President, Corporate Finance and Business Planning, since he joined Facebook in 2012.
#8. Andy Campion, NIKEAndy Campion was appointed Chief Financial Officer of the NIKE Brand in 2010, responsible for leading all aspects of financial management for the company’s flagship brand. In 2014, he was appointed Senior Vice President, Strategy, Finance and Investor Relations in addition to his role as CFO of the NIKE Brand.
#9. Carol Tome, Home DepotCarol B. Tomé has served as Chief Financial Officer since May 2001 and was named executive vice president of corporate services at The Home Depot in January 2007. She provides leadership on real estate, store construction, financial services, and strategic business development.
#10. Brian Olsavesky, AmazonBrian Olsavsky most recently he served as VP, Finance and CFO for the Global Consumer Business, and he became Senior Vice President and CFO in June 2015. As CFO, he oversees the company's overall financial activities, including controllership, tax, treasury, analysis, investor relations, and internal audit.
#11. Luca Maestri, Apple Inc.Luca Maestri is Apple’s senior vice president and Chief Financial Officer. As CFO, Luca oversees the accounting, business support, financial planning and analysis, treasury, M&A, investor relations, internal audit and tax functions at Apple. Luca joined Apple in 2013 as VP of Finance and corporate controller.
#12. David Wells, Netflix, Inc.David Wells has served as the Chief Financial Officer since 2010. His responsibilities include operating roles such as customer service, real estate, and employee technology. He has been at Netflix since March 2004, serving in a variety of planning and analysis roles, including most recently as the VP of Financial Planning.
13. Tarek Robbiati, SprintPrior to joining Sprint as Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Tarek A. Robbiati, M.B.A., M.Sc. served as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of FlexiGroup Limited in Australia since January 21, 2013 and until August 2015. He has 25 years experience in the telecommunications, finance, media and technology industries.
#14. Frank D’Amelio, PfizerFrank D’Amelio is the Executive Vice President, Business Operations & Chief Financial Officer of Pfizer, responsible for finance, business development and business operations, including IT, procurement and real estate. Frank led the integration of Pfizer and Wyeth and the sale of Pfizer’s nutrition business.
#15. Stephen Robb, CloroxStephen M. “Steve” Robb was named executive vice president – chief financial officer in 2014 after three years as senior vice president – chief financial officer. In this role, he is responsible for Clorox’s financial activities, including accounting, reporting, internal Controls, treasury, and investor relations.
#16. Karen Hoguet, Macy'sKaren Hoguet has been Chief Financial Officer of Macy’s, Inc., since 1997. All of the company’s finance and accounting functions report to Hoguet. In January 2013, she assumed responsibility for the credit and customer services, real estate, non-merchandise purchasing and sustainability functions.
#17. Vasant Prabhu, VisaVasant M. Prabhu joined Visa Inc. in February 2015 as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. In his role, he overseas Visa Inc.’s financial strategies, planning and reporting, in addition to all finance operations and investor relations. Prabhu joined Visa from NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
#18. Tim Ritters, Pure Storage, Inc.Tim Ritters serves as CFO for Pure Storage, and leads the company's financial and accounting operations worldwide. Tim joined Pure Storage from Google, where he spent 10 years in finance and was responsible for overseeing the company's annual planning, budgeting processes, and led the finance team.
#19. William Gifford, Jr., Altria Group Inc.Billy Gifford serves as Chief Financial Officer, Altria Group. In this role, Billy is responsible for the Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Investor Relations, Finance Decision Support and Strategy & Business Development organizations. He also oversees the financial services business of Philip Morris Capital.
#20. Anthony O’Brien, RaytheonAnthony O’Brien is vice president and CFO of Raytheon Company. He is a member of Raytheon’s senior leadership team, where he directs the company’s overall financial strategy. He is responsible for financial reporting, controls, merger and acquisition, planning, analysis, investor relations, and treasury.
#21. Rick Simonson, Sabre Corp.Rick Simonson is executive vice president and CFO for Sabre, leading the company’s global finance organization and responsible for finance, controls, reporting, investor relations and corporate development. He brings a unique combination of experiences with global finance and capital markets.
#22. Mark Denien, Duke RealtyAs Executive Vice President and CFO of Duke Realty, Mark oversees all financial functions for the company including treasury, capital markets, accounting, taxation, investor relations and internal audit. Prior to being named CFO in 2013, Mark was Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer.
#23. Kathy Waller, Coca-ColaKathy Waller is Executive Vice President and CFO of The Coca-Cola Company. Ms. Waller is responsible for leading the Company’s global Finance organization and representing the Company to investors, lenders and rating agencies. She oversees M&A, investor relations, treasury, and audit.
#24. Kevin O'Shea, Avalonbay CommunitiesKevin is CFO responsible for the Financial, Capital Markets, Investor Relations, Risk Management, and Accounting operations of the Company. He is also a member of the Company’s Management Investment Committee. Kevin served in several capacities within the Company’s Financial Services.
#25. Michael Tomsicek, Abiomed Inc.Michael Tomsicek joins Abiomed having most recently served as Chief Financial Officer of Lexington, MA based Cubist Pharmaceuticals. He joined Cubist in 2010 and held a series of increasingly responsible roles leading finance, IR and strategic sourcing through a very dynamic period at the firm.
Recognizing Outstanding Top Chief Financial Officers
I very much appreciate ExecRank’s recognition of our work at Thomson Reuters to strengthen the underpinnings of our marketing activities with data-driven intelligence. I am privileged to work with an exceptional executive team and a marketing organization focused on driving our business to continued success across the globe.Tobias Lee, CMO, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting
1. Ruth Porat, Alphabet Inc.
2. J. Braxton Carter, T-Mobile US, Inc.
3. Joseph Reitmeier, Lennox International, Inc.
4. Paul Carbone, Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc.
5. Brian McKeon, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
6. Dennis Hickey, Colgate-Palmolive Co.
7. Dave Wehner, Facebook, Inc.
8. Andy Campion, NIKE, Inc.
9. Carol Tomé, Home Depot, Inc.
10. Brian Olsavsky, Amazon
11. Luca Maestri, Apple Inc.
12. David Wells, Netflix, Inc.
13. Tarek Robbiati, Sprint
14. Frank D’Amelio, Pfizer
15. Stephen Robb, Clorox Company
16. Karen Hoguet, Macy’s
17. Vasant Prabhu, Visa
18. Tim Ritters, Pure Storage, Inc.
19. William Gifford, Jr., Altria Group Inc.
20. Anthony O’Brien, Raytheon
21. Rick Simonson, Sabre Corporation
22. Mark Denien, Duke Realty Corporation
23. Kathy Waller, Coca-Cola Company
24. Kevin O'Shea, Avalonbay Communities Inc.
25. Michael Tomsicek, ABIOMED, Inc.
26. Martin Schroeter, IBM
27. William Osbourn Matthew Siegel, Time Warner Cable
28. John Stephens, AT&T, Inc.
29. Robert Lloyd, GameStop
30. Thomas Kelly, Crown Holdings Inc.
31. Robin Washington, Gilead Sciences Inc.
32. Zane Rowe, EMC Corporation
33. Richard Galanti, Costco Wholesale Corporation
34. Michael Wortley, Cheniere Energy, Inc.
35. Pascal Desroches, Turner Broadcasting System
36. Matthew Korenberg, Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
37. Brian Witherow, Cedar Fair, L.P.
38. Alan Graf, FedEx
39. Mark Olson, CommScope Holding Company, Inc.
40. Chuck Dannewitz, Tech Data Corporation
41. Scott MacDonald, Starz
42. Amy Hood, Microsoft Corporation
43. Safra Catz, Oracle
44. David Meline, Amgen Inc.
45. Rick Bierly, Medivation, Inc.
46. John McPherson, Vulcan Materials Company
47. Scott Estes, Welltower Inc.
48. Catherine Lesjak, Hewlett-Packard
49. Patrice de Talhouët, Coty Inc.
50. J. Franklin Hall, Radian Group Inc.
51. Patrick Doyle, DirecTV
52. Derek Kerr, American Airlines Group Inc.
53. Tom Szlosek, Honeywell International Inc.
54. Beth Bombara, Hartford Financial Services Group
55. Jonathan Stanner, Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
56. Glenn Nunziata, Smithfield Food
57. Timothy Mattke, MGIC Investment Corp.
58. Jamie Welch, Energy Transfer
59. Michael Short, Toys “R” Us
60. William Losch III, First Horizon National Corporation
61. Matthew Walsh, Catalent, Inc.
62. Michaiel Cavanagh, Comcast Corporation
63. Matthew White, Praxair, Inc.
64. Andrew Swiger, Exxon Mobil Corporation
65. Stacy Smith, Intel Corporation
66. Robert Davis, Merck & Co. Inc.
67. Dan Florness, Fastenal
68. Bruce Tanner, Lockheed Martin Corporation
69. David Potts, ARRIS Group, Inc.
70. Leeny Oberg, Marriott International
71. Patrick Goodman, Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
72. Neil Williams, Intuit
73. Patricia Yarrington, Chevron Corporation
74. Gerald Laderman, United Continental Holdings, Inc.
75. Richard Peretz, United Parcel Service, Inc.
76. D. Anthony Scaglione, ABM Industries
77. Gary Brauchle, Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP
78. Scott Schenkel, eBay
79. Joseph Householder, Sempra Energy
80. Stephen Theriot, Vornado Realty Trust
81. William Giles, AutoZone
82. Robert McMahon, Hologic Inc.
83. David Wyshner, Avis Budget Group, Inc.
84. Steven Shebik, Allstate
85. Keith Istre, Lamar Advertising Co.
86. Daniel Cregg, Public Service Enterprise Group
87. John Shrewsberry, Wells Fargo & Company
88. Timothy Griffith, Marathon Petroleum Corporation
89. Judy Brown, Perrigo Company
90. Jeffrey Bornstein, General Electric Company
91. John Sznewajs, Masco Corporation
92. Laura Thompson, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
93. John Sult, Marthon Oil
94. Kelly Kramer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
95. Marianne Lake, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
96. Patricia Bedient, Weyerhaeuser
97. William Clifford, Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc
98. Daniel Comas, Danaher Corp.
99. Stephen Bramlage, Aramark
100. Gysle Shellum, PDC Energy, Inc.
101. John Gerspach, Citigroup Inc.
102. Virginia Wilson, TIAA-CREF
103. Thomas Webb, CMS Energy
104. Kevin March, Texas Instruments Inc.
105. Mark Parrell, Equity Residential
106. Theodore Crandall, Rockwell Automation
107. Joe Lower, B/E Aerospace Inc.
108. Ken Goldman, Yahoo! Inc.
109. Cheryl Miller, AutoNation
110. THOMAS LINKO, Kate Spade & Company
111. Peter Bocian, Safeway
112. Martina Hund-Mejean, MasterCard Incorporated
113. Hal Jones, Graham Holdings Company Common
114. Hugh Johnston, Pepsico, Inc.
115. Robert Schriesheim, Sears
116. Christine McCarthy, Walt Disney Company
117. Shawn Duffy, ViaSat Inc.
118. Brian Stief, Johnson Controls
119. Joseph Martinetto, Charles Schwab
120. Tom Shoaf, NuStar Energy L.P.
121. Gregory Cowan, VWR Corporation
122. Paul Jacobson, Delta Air Lines
123. Jonathan Thayer, Exelon
124. Elizabeth Boland, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Inc.
125. Dominic Caruso, Johnson & Johnson
126. Kirk Larsen, Black Knight Financial Services, Inc.
127. Michael Monahan, Pitney Bowes Inc.
128. Joel Grade, Sysco
129. Jon Mueller, Procter & Gamble Company
130. Matthew Moeller, DCT Industrial Trust Inc.
131. Paul Reilly, Arrow Electronics
132. John Murphy, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.
133. Karen Boone, Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc.
134. Thomas Herzog, UDR, Inc.
135. Jay Brown, Crown Castle International Corp.
136. Kevin Farr, Mattel
137. Frank Mergenthaler, Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
138. Matthew DiLiberto, SL Green Realty Corp.
139. Warren Jenson, Acxiom Corporation
140. Bob Halliday, Applied Materials, Inc.
141. Andrew Marsh, Entergy Corporation
142. Roger Manny, Range Resources Corporation
143. Robert Eulau, Sanmina-SCI
144. Greg Lubushkin, BioMed Realty Trust Inc.
145. Stephen Williamson, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
146. Kevin Nowlan, Meritor
147. Don Chappel, Williams Companies, Inc.
148. Brett Biggs, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
149. George Fairweather, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
150. Linda Huber, Moody’s Corporation
151. Richard Dealy, Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
152. Frank Connor, Textron
153. Robert Falzon, Prudential Financial, Inc.
154. Tim Johnson, Big Lots
155. Stephen Richter, Weingarten Realty Investors
156. Christopher Holland, C.R. Bard
157. Francis Shammo, Verizon Communications Inc.
158. SUNIT PATEL, Level 3 Communications, Inc.
159. Larry Venturelli, Whirlpool
160. Christopher Halmy, Ally Financial Inc.
161. Rob Krolik, Yelp Inc.
162. Richard Fearon, Eaton
163. Scott Holmes, Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated
164. Bryan Bulawa, Enterprise Products Partners
165. Al Swanson, Plains GP Holdings, L.P
166. Michael Barkin, Vail Resorts Inc.
167. Ewout Steenbergen, Voya Financial, Inc.
168. Timothy Martin, CubeSmart
169. Judy Bruner, SanDisk
170. Scott Musil, First Industrial Realty Trust Inc.
171. Mark Thresher, Nationwide
172. Michael Walsh, Paramount Group, Inc.
173. Richard Veldran, Dun & Bradstreet
174. Kathleen Rogers, U.S. Bancorp
175. Maria Henry, Kimberly-Clark
176. Robert Hoglund, Consolidated Edison
177. WILLIAM CHASE, AbbVie Inc.
178. Greg Smith, Boeing Company
179. Vincent Sorgi, PPL
180. R. Stewart Ewing, Jr., CenturyLink, Inc.
181. James Woys, Health Net
182. Brian Yoor, Abbott Laboratories
183. John Callahan, Jr., McGraw-Hill
184. Paul Donofrio, Bank of America Corporation
185. Paul Herendeen, Zoetis
186. Michael Poteshman, Tupperware Brands Corporation
187. Michael Kaufmann, Cardinal Health
188. Lawrence Cash, Community Health Systems
189. Thomas Donahue, Federated Investors, Inc.
190. Kevin Ozan, McDonald's Corp.
191. Robert Knight, Jr., Union Pacific Corporation
192. Mark Powers, JetBlue Airways Corporation
193. Thomas McCarthy, Cigna Corp.
194. Biggs Porter, Fluor Corporation
195. Nicholas Gangestad, 3M Company
196. Charles Daley, Jr., Artisan Partners Asset Management Inc.
197. Michael Van Handel, Manpower
198. William Plummer, United Rentals, Inc.
199. Debra Hess, Northstar Asset Management Group Inc.
200. Kathy Willard, Live Nation Entertainment
201. Robert Shanks, Ford Motor
202. Lance Tucker, Papa John's International Inc.
203. Alan Dean, CBOE Holdings, Inc.
204. Brian Tierney, American Electric Power
205. Frank Dellaquila, Emerson Electric Co.
206. Karen Davis, Northern Tier Energy LP
207. Raj Agrawal, Western Union Company
208. Christopher Ripley, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
209. Peter Kellogg, Celgene Corporation
210. Mark Pompa, Emcor Group
211. David Wichmann, UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
212. David Herzog, American International Group
213. Kevin Cook, Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation
214. Paul Clancy, Biogen Inc.
215. Mark Okerstrom, Expedia Inc.
216. Jeffrey Stafeil, Visteon Corporation
217. David Frear, Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
218. Scott Goldenberg, TJX Companies, Inc.
219. Stuart Burgdoerfer, Limited Brands
220. William Zerella, Fitbit Inc.
221. David Denton, CVS Health Corporation
222. Jerry Rebel, Jack in the Box Inc.
223. Charles Bancroft, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
224. Pat Grismer, Yum! Brands, Inc.
225. Ira Birns, World Fuel Services
226. Akhil Johri, United Technologies Corporation
227. Isabella Goren, AMR
228. Robert Hull, Jr., Lowe's Companies Inc.
229. Marc Stapley, Illumina Inc.
230. Maria Teresa Hilado, Allergan
231. Farzana Mitchell, CBL & Associates Properties Inc.
232. W. James Scilacci, Edison International
233. J. Michael Schlotman, Kroger Co.
234. Karen McLoughlin, Cognizant Technology Solutions
235. James Fleming, Columbia Property Trust, Inc.
236. Gregory Larson, Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
237. Wesley McDonald, Kohl’s
238. Rod Day, Iron Mountain Incorporated
239. David Simon, Computer Services
240. Jeffrey Foster, DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc.
241. Peter Milligan, Exelis
242. Victoria Harker, TEGNA Inc.
243. Robert Evans, Performance Food Group Company
244. John Ferrari, United Therapeutics Corporation
245. Patrick Ward, Cummins
246. Efrain Rivera, Paychex, Inc.
247. Daniel Finnegan, Priceline Group Inc.
248. John Whelen, Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P.
249. Bren Higgins, KLA-Tencor Corporation
250. David Sagehorn, Oshkosh